See the video from SARE highlighting our California Ecosystem Management Database Project (click to continue)
Updates From the Field
(or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eviner.lab)
- Hopland Research and Extension Center is one of the best field sites (in terms of amazing support and beauty)! We’re happy to be profiled on their “Meet the Researchers” newsletter (click here to go to the web link)
Research and Publication Updates
- Peterson, C, VT Eviner, A Gaudin. 2018. Ways forward for resilience research in agroecosystems. Agricultural Systems 162: 19-27.
- Eviner, VT and CM Malmstrom. 2018. California’s native perennial grasses provide strong suppression of goatgrass and medusahead. Grasslands, 28: 3-6.
- December 2019– Sarah Gaffney has received the Sally Casey Shooting Stars Graduate Research Scholarship from the Santa Clara Chapter of the California Native Plant Society!
- January 2020 – Valerie Eviner has been named a Community Engaged Learning Faculty Fellow. Read about it here
Outreach to Management and Policy
- January 2019 – Eviner will present at Ecofarm on managing for resilience under a changing climate.
The spring 2017 Restoration Ecology class worked with Solano County Resource Conservation District on a restoration plan for Centennial Park in Vacaville.
Eviner’s work bringing at-risk kids into the outdoors was featured in a Sierra Club blog (click here).